Our School - Our History

Yarrambat has a proud history that dates from Aboriginal times through to a wood and timber cutting era. Early farming began in 1846 and included orchards. Gold mining occurred in this area. We have the final poppethead standing proudly over our oval which dislays historical information plaque. The first school was opened in 1878 and we celebrate the school’s birthday each year on May 20th. The present permanent buildings were opened in 1988 and our new buildings were officially opened in 2008.